Friday, May 28, 2010

Fire Near Rome

J.B. Barrineau suffered the misfortune of losing his dwelling and its entire contents Saturday night. The family had all retired, and when the fire was discovered, it had gained such tremendous headway that it was impossible to save anything from the burning building. Even the clothes of every member of the family was (sic) consumed, the inmates of the house themselves barely escaping with their lives.
There was no insurance on any of the property, and the loss falls heavily on Mr. Barrineau. His little baby was very ill at the time of the fire, and it is now thought that the exposure to the night air to which it was subjected will cause its death. Mr. Barrineau has the sympathy of his friends throughout the county.
The County Record, June 10, 1897

No comments:

Post a Comment